Thursday 29 January 2015

Sleep is for the Weak

The Smallest Offspring did a couple of eight hour night sleeps over the last few nights. Apart from the expected (ahem) explodey boobs from waiting so long to feed (ouch!) I enjoyed the extra bit of sleep.

But then, because I haven't learned from the last two Offspring, I had to say, out loud, that I was pretty pleased with her sleep.

And don't babies know when you say "Gosh, I liked those long sleeps the Smallest Offspring has been doing", that you really must mean: "Gosh, I like how you're going to be up every two hours tonight, and not have a morning sleep tomorrow so Mummy can't go back and have a power nap".

So this morning, after a rough night's not-sleep, we were up and at 'em at 6.45am. On and off with the baby grumpies until 9am when I decided we'd do our 'town jobs' via pram this morning so at least one of us could have some rest.

The blessing of Small Town is it's flat, and we live close to the centre of town. So with a jauntiness I was faking rather than feeling we headed off in the glorious sunshine and achieved quite a bit. With a small amount of napping from SO, but not nearly enough.

I suspect this afternoon is either going to be one long nap, or one loooonnnnngg afternoon.

See you on the other side.


UPDATE:
2pm: Lots shushing, rocking, feeding, bassinet jiggling, and SO just won't stay asleep. I'm desperate to finish of the Bohemian Dancing River shawl, and get a couple of hats done, as well as pretend to tidy the kitchen. When times are tough, out comes the 'Wrap-Wrap'. 
You can get this magic piece of essential baby-taming gear from Snuggle Bug Wraps.

Babywearing for the WIN!








No comments:

Post a Comment