Thursday 22 January 2015

Girls Day Out!



Took MO and SO out whilst the Big Brother was off doing boy things. The request was a cafe lunch, so off we go to the usual haunt.

MO devoured a chocolate brownie, having just had actual lunch about half an hour before we went out. I prevaricated over my coffee order. Giving up the mocha in favour of the flat white has not been easy, especially when the Mr isn't around to be my sugar conscience. But flat white it was, along with this delicious salad number. I spied all sorts of ingredients in there, but I'm not so great with dressing identification. It was lightly creamy, and tasty, but I think could have been improved. Any suggestions on what would go well with these flavours?

Chicken, kale, brocolli, green beans, pomegranate seeds, strawberries, cucumber, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and baby spinach.

Who says you can't get great fresh food at the cafe's in small towns?

No comments:

Post a Comment